|Roasted potatoes with parsley pesto|
What a wonderful spring this year. Although ours has not been as warm with lots of early crops like other parts of the country, it has been filled with fresh spring food and a sense of rejuvenation. Before I dig into how to make these potatoes I want to say thank you to everyone who participated in the seasonal recipe roundup throughout the month of May. You provided inspirational and creative ways to eat and preserve seasonal ingredients in the recipes you shared. Thank you! Friday I will kick off the linkup for the month of June and you can check for new seasonal ingredient information here. I can't wait to see what summer treats everyone has planned.
|New potatoes ready to roast|
Italian parsley and new potatoes are now available for my area and this dish highlights both. I like these roasted potatoes with parsley pesto because they can be served as a brunch dish or lunch or dinner and no matter what they will shine. I have to credit my husband Peter with coming up with the idea of combining these flavors. I love when he gives me challenges like this and it turns out so good.
|Parsley pesto in the making|
The natural lemony, peppery flavor of the parsley compliments the roasted potatoes and the brilliant green color can't be ignored. If you are feeling Dr. Seuss inspired you could add a tablespoon of the pesto to some scrambled eggs and really have a green brunch to be remembered. However you choose to incorporate these potatoes into your meal the fresh taste will have everyone looking for just one more bite.
Roasted Potatoes with Parsley Pesto
Roasted potatoes come alive with spring freshness when topped with this parsley pesto.
- 5 cups roasted potatoes
- 2 cups parsley leaves
- 2 Tbs lemon juice
- pinch kosher salt
- 1/3 cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, smashed
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 (F). Wash and cube up your potatoes and spread them out on a parchment paper covered baking sheet, giving everything plenty of room. Roast in the oven for 25 - 35 minutes depending on how many potatoes you are doing and their size.
- While the potatoes are roasting, combine the parsley, garlic, lemon juice, pinch of salt and cheese in the food processor. Blend until everything is chopped well, scraping down the sides a couple of times.
- With the food processor running, drizzle in the olive oil. Blend until you have a thick and smooth pesto. Taste and adjust the seasoning as needed then set aside.
- Once the potatoes are golden brown move them to a serving dish. Carefully toss the hot potatoes with several spoonfuls of the parsley pesto until they are green and well flavored. Serve immediately. Enjoy!
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 6 servings
This has been shared with Real Food Wednesdays.