|Custom color mixing and getting it "just right"|
|The playdough is done when it forms together|
Homemade playdough that is quick, easy, and feels so irresistible. Create your own custom color blends.
- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1 Tbs oil
- 2 tsp cream of tartar
- food coloring as much as you want, start with a few drops
- Whisk all ingredients together in a small pot. Make sure all flour lumps are removed - not to be confused with bits of salt.
- Put your pot over a medium flame and stir with a spoon until it is all thick and comes together in a ball. The dough will darken a little and has a slightly rubbery texture. There will not be any more shiny wet spots when it is done.
- Move to a piece of wax paper and let it cool until it can be handled comfortably. Knead it well 10 - 15 times, finalizing the color and texture.
- Store in an airtight container and enjoy!
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 2 cups
PS - Cleanup on this is very easy despite how sticky it all looks. Soak your pan and spoon in soapy water for a few minutes and it all washes right up.