|Sweet potato risotto with Parmesan garnish|
Sweet Potato Risotto
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 2 Tbs olive oil
- 2 Tbs butter
- 1/2 cup onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 cup rice, (Arborio or other high starch variety)
- 1 1/2 cups sweet potatoes peeled and cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- Put your chicken stock in a microwave safe measuring cup and heat it for a few minutes until quite hot and then set it aside.
- In a medium sized pot add your butter and olive oil over medium flame. Once the butter is melted, add in the onions and sauté for a few minutes, just until translucent. Toss in the garlic and rice, stirring well. Let this cook for a couple of minutes.
- Add in the wine and stir, letting it completely evaporate and be absorbed by the rice. Now put in the sweet potatoes.
- One cup at a time, pour in the hot stock. Stir your risotto often to help create its creamy texture and only add more stock once the previous cup has been absorbed.
- After two cups are absorbed, give your risotto a taste. It will not be fully done yet and the rice will still have too much bite to it, but you can easily taste the flavors now. Adjust the salt and pepper as needed.
- Add in the last cup of stock. Check your risotto one last time and if needed, add a touch of water until the rice is as soft as you want it.
- Garnish with a sprinkle of freshly grated Parmesan.
Prep Time: 00:10
Cook time: 00:25