|Tasty and the seeds stay on!|
|Just the right crumb for a bun|
|Small sized with BIG flavor|
This has been submitted to YeastSpotting.
Use your scale to divide your dough. 2 oz. pieces for slider buns, 4 oz. pieces for full sized buns.
- 1 cup milk, warm
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 Tbs yeast
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 Tbs butter, melted and cooled
- 1 large egg
- 3 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- Mix all of your ingredients together and once combined, knead for five minutes. This can be done by hand or in your stand mixer.
- In a lightly oiled bowl place the dough and let it rise to twice its size, usually about an hour.
- Deflate the dough and using a scale divide it into 16 pieces for sliders or 8 pieces for regular buns. This will be 2 oz. or 4 oz. per piece, approximately. Flatten each bit of dough into a disc that it is about 3 times wider than it is thick. Place them on a single greased baking sheet spread apart enough to keep them from touching after a second rise.
- Cover and let the buns rise a second time for about an hour. You are looking for them to be very fluffy.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 (F). Brush the buns with egg wash (1 egg, 1 tablespoon water whisked together) and then sprinkle with sesame seeds. Bake for about 13-15 minutes until they are a deep golden brown.
- Cool on a wire rack so that they do not get soggy. Slice and fill with your favorite burger type items and enjoy!
Prep Time: 00:25
Cook time: 00:15
Total carbs: 25