|Salmon cake Asian style with greens and spicy pickled carrots|
Salmon Cakes Asian Style
12 ounces is how much salmon I get from one of my pint jars of home canned salmon. The source of your salmon can vary and may be from leftover salmon from another meal, or canned salmon tins. Adjust your breadcrumbs accordingly to account for wetter or drier salmon, depending on your source.
- 12 ounces cooked salmon, drained of any liquid
- 3 scallions, trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1 celery stalk, finely diced
- 2 Tbs rice vinegar
- 1 Tbs lemon juice, freshly squeezed
- 1 Tbs ginger, freshly grated
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 eggs , lightly beaten
- Pre-heat your skillet over a medium-low flame.
- Combine the salmon, eggs, scallions, celery, vinegar, lemon juice, ginger, salt and pepper well.
- Add in the breadcrumbs. You may need to add a little more or less to be able to form a wet patty that holds it shape, but I have found 1/2 cup usually works for me. Mix everything well and then form into 9 patties.
- Add a small amount of oil to the warm skillet and cook your patties for 4-5 minutes on each side. Do this gently and take your time. You want the ingredients to cook together without the patty getting too dark.
- Serve immediately with a wedge of lemon.
Prep Time: 00:10
Cook time: 00:10
Total carbs: 7