Lemon Caper Sauce
This can be made right in the pan drippings if you have any to use. That will add an additional level of flavor that is terrific.
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 2 tbs mustard (any good course ground mustard is great, or a dijon style works well too)
- 1 tsp capers drained
- 1 tbs lemon curd
- salt and black pepper to taste
- If you are doing this in the drippings from a skillet used to make pork chops, chicken or fish, don't scrape out the skillet. Pour off any excess oil, leaving about a teaspoon. Add the chicken stock and using a wooden spoon, deglaze the pan over medium flame.
- If you are doing this on its own, bring to a simmer the chicken stock in a small sauce pan.
- Add the mustard, lemon curd and capers to the warm chicken stock. Whisk together making sure you get rid of any lumps of curd or mustard, making a thin smooth sauce. Taste and adjust the salt and pepper to your liking. Let this all simmer together to blend the flavors about 5 minutes.
- Serve using a small amount over the top of your chicken, pork or fish.
Prep Time: 00:05
Cook time: 00:10
Total carbs: 1