|Raw Kale Salad|
Raw Kale Salad
The best way to eat this superfood, maintaining its nutrients and full of great flavor.
- 8 cups kale, very thinly sliced (stems removed)
- 3 Tbs red wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 cup nuts (raw or roasted)
- 1/4 cup dried cherries, chopped
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- Strip the kale leaves from the stem and then cut into very thin strips - chiffonade. Put them into a large bowl.
- Once your garlic clove is peeled and finely minced, sprinkle it with a tiny pinch of salt. Using the side of your knife smash the garlic into a paste, letting the salt be your abrasive.
- In a small measuring cup, whisk together the vinegar, oil, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Chop up the nuts and dried cherries so that they are about raisin size or smaller.
- Grate the cheese using your microplane grater. This will spread the cheese more evenly throughout the salad.
- Add all the ingredients to your bowl and toss until very well combined. Taste, adding more salt, pepper and cheese as needed.
- Serve as is or with a side of sliced tart apple, avocado, papaya, mango, strawberries, or even a handful of good croutons. As long as you keep the salad to this starting base, and only put add-ins to individual servings, any extra will keep well for days dressed without any wilting.
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 6 servings