Grandma Carson's Pineapple Zucchini Bread
Michelle N. Notes: The recipe calls for making these loaves in standard 9x5 inch loaf pans, but I've also had good luck using miniature loaf pans (adjusting baking time accordingly). Another tip is to shred your zucchini as you harvest it during the summer, and then freeze it in 2 cup batches so that you can pull the zucchini out in the off-season to use in this recipe for a winter treat.
- 3 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup salad oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups coarsely shredded zuchini
- 1 can (8 1/2 oz) well drained crushed pineapple
- 2 tsp soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 3 cups unsifted flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 cup finely chopped nuts (optional)
- 1 cup raisins (optional)
- Beat eggs, add oil, sugar, and vanilla. Beat until light and foamy. Stir in zucchini and pineapple.
- Combine soda, baking powder, cinnamon, flour, and salt, stir well. Add raisins and nuts if desired and stir all into zucchini mixture.
- Pour into 2 greased and floured 9x5 loaf pans. Bake at 350 for 1 hour or until done. Cool in pans for 10 min and then turn out on cake racks.
Prep Time: 00:20
Cook time: 01:00
Total carbs: 30