|Treasure box - pistachio pasta recipe|
- 1 cup pistachios, coarsely crunched
- 1 lb pasta
- 1/2 cup chicken stock
- 1/2 cup light cream
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper flakes
- Cook the pasta according to the package directions.
- Put the shelled cup of pistachios into a sandwich baggie. Flatten out the baggie on a cutting board then roll with your rolling pin until they are the desired consistency, leaving them fairly chunky.
- Melt the butter in a small sauce pan. Add the crushed red pepper flakes and heat just enough to bring out their flavor.
- Add the nuts, chicken stock and cream cheese and heat on a gentle flame until hot. Add the cream and continue heating just until hot again.
- Combine the pasta and sauce and serve immediately.
Prep Time: 00:20
Cook time: 00:05