|Molasses ginger cookies|
Molasses Ginger Cookies
Traditional cookie with an always in-style taste and appeal.
- 1 1/2 cups shortening
- 2 cups white sugar
- 1/2 cup molasses
- 2 eggs
- 4 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp ground cloves
- 1 tsp ground ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- Melt the shortening in a large pan on the stove, and cool.
- Add sugar, eggs, and molasses, beat well.
- In a separate bowl, sift dry ingredients together and add to the pan. Mix well and chill 3 hours or overnight.
- Pre-heat your oven to 375 (F). Form into 1 inch sized balls. Roll in granulated sugar. Place on greased cookie sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack. Store in an airtight container to keep from getting overly crisp. If they do lose their softness, an easy way to restore it is to place one slice of fresh bread in the container with the cookies for a couple of hours or overnight and they will be soft again!
DetailsPrep time: Cook time: Total time: Yield: 100 cookies