|Tom and Jerry mix|
Tom and Jerry Mix
You can use ground nutmeg in place of the mace called for in the recipe. To serve, just add 2 tablespoons of mix to hot milk and stir until the mix is disolved. For the adult crowd, adding in some brandy, rum or creme de cocoa is tasty.
- 3 eggs, separated
- pinch salt
- 1 stick butter (no substitutes), soft
- 3 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp ground mace
- Whip the egg whites in a large bowl until they form soft peaks. Add the dash of salt and finish beating the egg whites until they are stiff. Transfer to a small bowl and set aside for now.
- Using the same large bowl (no need to clean it after the egg whites) add the stick of butter and whip it until it is creamy and a pale yellow in color. Add the egg yolks, powdered sugar, mace and vanilla to the butter and beat until completely incorporated. You will now have a very smooth batter.
- Add the saved egg whites to the batter and beat again on high until the color is uniform and the mixture is completely combined. This can now be stored in the refrigerator for a few days or the freezer for a year or more.
Prep Time: 00:20
Cook time: 00:00
Total carbs: 1