|Roasted nuts - curry and cinnamon almonds|
The blend pictured is almonds with curry powder, ground cinnamon and kosher salt. Be creative and find that mix that matches your craving.
- 2 cups almonds (or any nut of your choice)
- 1 tbs oil
- 1 - 2 tbs spice
- Pre-heat your oven to 450 (F). In a slightly over-sized bowl, add the nuts. Any variety of salt free raw nuts will do, so experiment. Almonds, walnuts, pistachios, peanuts, pumpkin seeds, cashews and so many other choices.
- Use just enough oil to lightly cover the nuts. Flip and toss and stir the nuts until they all have a light covering - the oil is what the spice will stick to, so be sure to get everything covered. I find my fingers work best for this step.
- Sprinkle in whatever spice mix you are in the mood for -- curry powder, cinnamon, finely ground pickling spice, salt and pepper, chili powder, hot pepper flakes, sugar, dill -- the list is endless. Mix the spices together first in a small bowl before adding to the nuts. Again, a lot of tossing and turning to evenly distribute the spice is key.
- Spread the nuts in a single layer on a cookie sheet. Bake in the oven for 5-10 minutes, shaking frequently. Watch these closely they can go from roasted to burnt quickly.
- The nuts will become crunchy again as they cool. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 00:05
Cook time: 00:10
Total carbs: 4